Sunday, January 27, 2008

One Week Down Another Begins


For those of you who don't know, I have been spending half my week in RI for the past few months helping out my maternal Grandmother. I leave Southern Vermont at around 6:00 AM on Monday and come back to Vermont Thursday afternoon. I bring Lydia with me. The drive takes about 3 hours.

My Grandmother (G.G. Mamma) just turned 95 this week. Most people will say "she looks great for 95". Which is a very nice thing to say and I do agree with them. But honestly, anyone walking at 95 is looking great. But G.G. has a great sense of style which really accentuates her timelessness. She wears cute flared slacks with fitted geometric patterned tops. She also wears a wide assortment of costume jewelry and berets with pom poms on them. This might not sound incredibly fashion forward, but on a 95 year old it looks darn smart.
My grandmother has maintained her fashion sense, but is having a tough time remembering things like what day it is and that she just scarfed down a quart of ice cream. Well, I guess she's got her priorities straight.




No comments: