Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Cabin Fever Has Set In






I'm definitely starting to feel the effects of cabin fever. This is really only our second full winter in Vermont, and last year was pretty mild I guess. I don't know if it's the broken arm or what but I feel little if any desire to venture out. And Lydia is more than happy to spend her days lounging around. While she relishes in the idea of not having any schedule I'm starting to miss having to change out of my PJs. The girl manages to come up with an average of twenty costume changes a day, while I would prefer nothing better than to sit under a blanket reading. A few signs that the fever is in full force: The cat, roxy, who usually will do anything for attention has lost all interest in me. I've found a reason to bake every day (this would be fine if I wasn't only baking peanut butter cookies). I have organized above the fridge and the medicine cabinet but cannot manage to make the bed. I decided to cut Lydia's hair, which would be fine except for the fact that I know that I am horrible at cutting hair.

I almost let Lydia cut my hair for a little excitement, the fever hasn't spiked that high yet.



Thank God for my friend Allison who does her best to drag me out.



2 comments:

corinne said...

I just posted a comment and now I have to re-post because I had to register! Oh, the wide world web.

Anyway ... you may not be good at cutting hair but you're better than average at dreading it.

To get Lydia to chill out in the morning may I suggest a 1/4 of a Tylenol PM sprinkled on her granola?

Hott Mama said...

Lydia's hair looks cute. But I've seen the job she does, and SHE is the one who is horrible at cutting hair. Better not to make it a repair job on Friday!