Friday, July 25, 2008

Camp Crazy!

So day camp is officially over.

My two weeks of alone time is done.

I'm actually pretty proud of myself because instead of sitting around all day and watching A & E I actually got some things done.

During this time I single handedly cleaned the attic.

I read three books, (I recommend The Wishbones by Tom Perrotta ).

I cleaned out our bedroom closet (there were still things in there unpacked from when we moved in 2006).

I not only got the roofers to call me back but they came AND actually went on the roof and replaced some loose slates and fixed things.

The garden looks somewhat healthy.

And when it wasn't down pouring, I exercised.

Also Steven and I spent one day together alone, we went out for sushi and took a mid day nap.

For a slacker like me I'm pretty happy with my accomplishments.



And from what I can make out Lydia had a good time too. When she wasn't too exhausted to speak she told vivid tales of the "mystery players". From what I can piece together these are two camp counselors in costume who the kids believe are people who live in the woods and only come out when the they are good. She also was super excited because we opted to let her have the lunch, which is basically the summer camp version of school lunch. Taco day and chocolate milk were the highlights.
But the biggest change I witnessed was here new alter ego:
"Camp Crazy Girl".

This is the child that now dances around and says "oh yeah, oh yeah!", like Vinnie Bobarino, "we bad, we bad", usually with her thumbs in the air.
She also goes "Ugh!" a lot when kicking a ball or high fiving someone. It's something between WWF meets Saturday Night Fever. And this morning at breakfast she yelled "Awwwsum" while eating pancakes. Well that might actually come from me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lydia is such a character-I love it! The Wishbones is one of my faves. Have you read Joe College by Perrotta? I'm gonna email you some book suggestions for Lyds. I've been so consumed with Declan and I didn't wanna half-ass the list.
Love ya-
erika k-Brooklyn via Allston