Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Camp!

Who knew camp could be so much fun.
I myself never really enjoyed camp. Although I wasn't sent to camp until about the age of ten. I was the kind of kid that would rather sit in a dark room with the curtains drawn watching Gilligan's Island through Three's Company on hot summer days. Maybe it's good that I am starting her young at this camp business so she doesn't already know how addictive Days of Our Lives is, and that eating an entire half gallon of chocolate chip ice cream before lunch is actually pretty easy.
But after one day she seems to love it. Swimming, crafts, baseball ( she was so excited to tell me she hit two balls really hard, now that's one skill she will never learn from either of her parents), archery (ditto) all in one day.
And best of all I have free time to do all the things that I love to do. I exercised. I got my hair cut. I tried on expensive estate jewelry at the fancy store in town. I pawned through vintage clothes. Now I'm going to start cleaning out our attic, not so much fun but much easier without the child. Granted it's hard to find an episode of Gilligan's on anymore, but I glad I'm not just watching TV. Well it is only day two, I've got 8 more of these to dive into the ice cream.

No comments: