Monday, July 14, 2008

Where does she get the stamina?

I worked the last two nights from 9:00pm - 7:30 am, and although I got to sleep some I can understand why I'm a little tired. But still I am always totally floored at the fact that Lydia can pretty much be on the go from 6 am - 8:30 at night. I don't know how she does it.

This morning she had her yearly physical, where the doctor said basically she's super healthy (this in itself is amazing to me). She had three huge shots, which made her a little sluggish for about 5 minutes (sort of like if you shot a humongous grizzly with one tiny tranquilizer dart).

After that we went to the grocery store where Lydia not only helped me with my list but also helped me put the groceries away. After that we went to the pool and she got to swim and play with friends.

Then at 3:45 we picked up her friend Sebastian and went to the library where we built bugs out of food (well candy). It's now 7:00 and I am officially done but the gal keeps truckin'. She wants to act out a story and suggests we take stills. Here's her story:

I WANT TO CATCH AND EAT A BIRD by Lydia

I am sad.
I am hungry.
Get over here I want to eat you.
I'm getting angry.

I'm coming to get you. Yeah! I've caught you I'm so excited.

Yummy in my tummy! Ugh, I'm full.

And when I think of stamina and see this picture I realize that I too have had serious stamina at some points in my life. Strolling out of some dive bar after closing and this photo isn't so unique. I've got to get this girl into sports or we're in trouble.


1 comment:

Amanda said...

Sports!! That's my plan, too. Not that I wanat a jock for a son, really, but the energy needs a serious outlet.