Friday, June 20, 2008

What a way to start the summer!

Our summer has begun. We just got back from staying with Corinne and Eric in Wellfleet. Usually it rains the entire time that we go on vacation. But this time we totally lucked out. It was in the mid seventies all week with crystal blue skies. We all had the time of our lives. Never has our family had such an amazing vacation. Lydia like her mum and dad totally adores Corinne and Eric. And they were as usual the bestest hosts.
I felt like P-Diddy most days because we hung out on the most amazing beach in Truro rarely coming into contact with anyone else. It was like our own private beach, hanging with our entourage.
The water was crisp but totally swimable. Lydia, the fearless of course ran full force into the water upon every arrival.
The happy family didn't get too sunburned fortunately.
Lydia totally loves Eric. What's not to love, outside of Corinne he's the funniest person she knows.
Eric and Steven ( new B.F.F.E.) also had a great time together, golfing and fishing. Lobsters and oysters for dinner, doesn't get much better.
And for probably the most astonishing event of the trip: for the first time in our seventeen years of friendship I was chauffeured by my learner's permitted friend. I'm so proud. I'm thinking a ladies road trip is in our future.
We had the greatest time.
We really needed this vacation.
Not for one second did I take our trip for granted.
The only sad part was saying goodbye.
I wish we lived closer so we could just randomly be together.
It was just so nice to hang out and the pristine surroundings didn't hurt.
Thanks again to the greatest hosts, you are so sweet, funny, gorgeous (I'm serious but I also really want to get invited back).

No comments: