Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Wig Runs In The Family

Sometimes I wonder where my child comes from. She puts so much time and energy into pretending to be someone else. She is super creative and fun. She loves finding the weirdest and strangest clothes and wearing them together. She can spend hours dressing and redressing. She talks about fashion and clothes to whomever will listen.

I on the other hand feel so uninspired. I watch her with envy and tell people that she gets her creativity from her dad. I feel like I am in a creative rut and am totally bored with myself.

I see so much happiness and excitement in her eyes when she gets a new "item" to put on. She plans these outfit's for every event: parties, dance class, the supermarket.

I struggle with this sometimes because I know even though I gave birth to her she seems nothing like me: creative, confident and happy.

Then I found these photos of myself. All of which I had forgotten about. It all falls into place. I need to get those creative juices flowing. I need to be a little more creative. I need to get that excitement back about something. I NEED A NEW WIG!


Me in high school, this is not a wig, this is my real hair in a beehive. The B-52's were popular I guess and I made the most of that look.
This was not Halloween. I am drinking and wearing shades, so it could have been during my "undercover" days. Steven does not believe that this is me. Compliment or not?
This was Halloween, or at least I hope it was.

The smile and happiness is the same in these photos as in Lydia's.

Needless to say at least the Wig Gene is not recessive.

2 comments:

Hott Mama said...

That girl is so obviously yours, even if she looks like her dad. I LOVE the beehive picture (with your real hair)! You should be rocking that look today. It is hot!

Amanda said...

girl, get yourself a wig! just make sure it isn't hot pink like britney's!